Quick License Overview
Here is a quick overview of what you CAN and CANNOT do with flags and icons from Vector Flags. Please read the License Agreements for complete details.
|Use the flags for personal use
|Use the flags for commercial use
|Use the flags in scientific or medical journals
|Use the flags in classrooms and student homework
|Use the flags without attribution
|Use the flags for resale merchandise, i.e. on Zazzle or Cafe Press
|Use derivative artwork created with the flags for microstock, i.e. Shutterstock
|Use the flags in a logo
|Use the flags for unlimited copies or prints
|Use the flags worldwide and in perpetuity
Frequently Asked Questions
- What's the best way for me to provide attribution for free flags?
- Providing a note and link on your website or credits page, such as "Flags by VectorFlags.com", plus a link back to https://VectorFlags.com, is the preferred form of attribution
- Why Ads?
- Ads help keep Vector flags up and running. Read more
- How can I help support Vector flags and keep the flags free?
- If you've ever found the flags useful for your work or personal use, a small donation shows a lot of appreciation! Donate with PayPal or donate with Bitcoin.
- I can't edit the flags, what's the deal?
- To edit the flags, you will need a vector editing program such as Adobe Illustrator® and ensure that all layers are unlocked. You can unlock layers via the layers palette or by clicking on the "lock" icon. Sorry, flags do not come in PSD format.
- Can I use flags for commercial projects?
- Flags from Vector flags may be used in commercial works as long as the proper attribution requirements are followed. Any flag from this site must provide the appropriate attribution unless a royalty free license was purchased to waive the attribution requirement.
- What exactly can I do with the flags?
- Use them in designs, websites, apps and more! If you have any questions regarding the usage of the flags, check out the License Agreement.
You CANNOT USE FREE flags at places like Cafe Press, Zazzle or any print on demand service or for Resale or Microstock. If you'd like to use the flags for these purposes, please purchase the flags.
- What's the difference between Commercial Use and Items for Resale?
- The largest difference in items for Resale is the flag creates the substantial value of the product.
For example: if you print a book about flags and use flags throughout the book, the flags make up the value of the book and therefore it is considered an item for Resale. However, if you use flags to designate the sub-section in the book, or to illustrate an infographic, that is considered Commercial Use. In both cases, the book can be available for sale, the biggest determining factor is what is contributing most to its value.
Another example: if you download a flag and use it on the front of a t-shirt, that flags is contributing to the success of selling your t-shirt and is therefore considered an item for Resale. But if you use the flag on the tag to mark that it's from France, that is considered Commercial Use.
- Why do you charge for flags?
- Sometimes an attribution is not possible and a traditional royalty free license is necessary. You'd be hard pressed to find better premium royalty free flags at a better price!
- What naming convention do you use for the file?
- Vector flags files use the ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 codes are two-letter country codes. So, if you have downloaded a file of Christmas Island, your file will have a "CX" in the name. Learn more from Wikipedia.
- How accurate are the flags?
- Vector flags makes no claims as to the completeness, accuracy or content of the flags or data, and makes no representation of any kind, including, but not limited to, any warranty as to the accuracy or fitness of the flags or data for a particular use (nor shall the act of distribution constitute any such warranty). Whilst we make every attempt possible to provide the most accurate up-to-date flags, it must be emphasised that we cannot guarantee their accuracy.
- I purchased a Bundle, can I download and use new flags created for that bundle as they become available?
- Yes! I am working as fast as I can to get all flags available for each region of the world, but realise you may need to purchase a bundle now for current projects. Not to mention that every now and then a new country is created. South Sudan came into existence in 2011. As I create new flags, they are automatically added to future bundles and can be downloaded and used with the Bundle License you previously purchased for that region(s). When in doubt, send an email.
- Which file formats are provided?
- Each flag comes in 3 file formats. Adobe Illustrator®, PDF and PNG. As well as the PDF and AI file, each flag comes in 5 PNG Icons and 5 PNG Images.
- What's your Refund Policy?
- No refund will be offered for products once sold. Since these are digital files, all flags and assets are not refundable or exchangeable. However, files can be replaced if damaged or lost. Simply send us an email.